Many Laws Protect You From Racial Discrimination
Individuals are protected from racial discrimination by many different pieces of legislation. If you feel like your rights under any of these five laws have been violated, you should consider consulting a race discrimination attorney in L.A.
By comprehending a few laws that protect your rights as a citizen, you can arm yourself with knowledge moving forward. Source: MorgueFile
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964: Title VII, was a ground breaking piece of legislation that made it illegal to offer unequal employment opportunities based on a number of factors. This Act specifically bans employment decisions based on an employee’s sex, color, race, religion, or national origin.
- The Equal Credit Opportunity Act was written to prevent individuals of a particular group from being unfairly subjected to high interest loans or denied credit. Specifically, this Act prevents creditors from judging an applicant based upon race, color, sex, marital status, age, or the fact that the applicant receives any form of public assistance.
- The Voting Rights Act of 1965, prevents any restriction of access to the ballot box. This Act makes it explicitly illegal to implement any policies that create discriminatory voting practices or that unfairly deny any individual the right to vote.
- The Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act provides that relief operations must be impartial and equitable for all individuals confronted by natural or man-made disasters. All individuals are legally entitled to equal treatment under the Act.
- If you are searching for a home–to rent or buy–The Fair Housing Act gives you the legal right to procure that home without regard to your race, sex, or any other physical, marital, or social factor.
With these five laws, individuals are protected against discrimination in a number of sectors. If you believe that your rights have been violated and that you require a race discrimination attorney in L.A., contact us at Jackson & Associates for more information about our legal services.